🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Lotus Challenge > Struggles running under Windows 7 x64 - Please help!

DreamKaster on 3/11/2015 7:14 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hey guys, I have a question about Lotus Challenge. I've been on and off trying to run this game on my laptop that's running the 64-bit version of Windows 7 for quite some time now, but with no luck. It installs and starts up fine, but there is no music or sound playing in the game at all, except for the intro videos. I've messed with the compatibility and administrative settings, and the in-game settings, but I still can't hear anything in the game. I thought maybe my system muted the game's volume, like it's done with other games of mine in the past, but the game isn't even listed in the Windows Volume Mixer! So, my question is, is there a way to return the sound and music to the game, or not?  Any replies would be helpful. Thank you! :-)

EDIT 3/11: I tried Lotus Challenge on my dad's laptop that is running the 32-bit version of Windows Vista, and the sound issues occur the exact same way they occur on my laptop.

EDIT 3/14: I got it to run on an old Windows XP laptop and the sound works perfectly. The graphics are completely screwed up and not fixable as far as I can see, or else I'd just play the game on that machine. Does anyone have an idea as to how to return the sound to the game on Windows 7? Any replies would be helpful. :-\