DescriptionThe Twin Snakes
is a remake of the 1998 tactical espionage action game Metal Gear Solid
The remake has the same story and dialogues as the original (although voice-overs were re-recorded for this release). The locations in the game also remained the same, but the graphics were updated to look equal in quality to contemporary games. Gameplay was also enhanced, featuring the additions that first appeared in Metal Gear Solid 2
. Snake can now roll, hang from ledges, hide in lockers, drag guards' bodies away, as well as aim and shoot from first-person view. New weapons from Metal Gear Solid 2
(such as tranquilizer gun) are also present.
Another noticeable change is in the game's cutscenes. Directed by the Japanese action movie director Ryuhei Kitamura
, the cutscenes have been re-worked, featuring dramatic techniques used in action movies, such as slow motion and other effects.
- "潜龙谍影：双蛇" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
||Mar 19, 2004
||10 out of 10
|Game Informer Magazine
||9.25 out of 10
|Digital Press - Classic Video Games
||Sep 26, 2005
||9 out of 10
||Mar 26, 2004
||18 out of 20
||Mar 31, 2004
||17 out of 20
||May 05, 2004
||8 out of 10
||Mar 30, 2004
||8 out of 10
||Mar 14, 2005
||7 out of 10
||Mar 24, 2004
||7 out of 10
As much as this group effort by Nintendo, Konami and Silicon Knights was, it's no wonder this game has a commemorative feel. And those can be noticed as Easter eggs, such as:
- If you have an Eternal Darkness file on your memory card, Psycho Mantis says something like "You like adventure games don't you? Do you like SILICON KNIGHTS games? Did you enjoy ETERNAL DARKNESS?" He also says something if you have a Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, a Super Smash Bros. Melee or a Super Mario Sunshine file on the memory card as well.
- The GameCube + Wavebird controller with a GameCube setup screen on a TV at Otacon's office
- The Yoshi and Mario action figures (shoot them for some nice surprises!)
- Alexandra Roivas (from SK's Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem) is the centerfold for the adult magazines you can use to distract grunts, and there is an Eternal Darkness poster in a soldier's locker
- The Silicon Knights website is on one computer's screen
- On Psycho Mantis' room, the three pictures on the wall feature Hideo Kojima (MGS creator), Ryuhei Kitamura (movie director responsible for the Twin Snakes cutscenes) and Denis Dyack (president & producer from Silicon Knights)
After defeating Sniper Wolf in the field, you can see the parachute Liquid used to escape the Hind tangled in a tree. Unless you look directly at it you will not trigger the codec conversation with Campbell.
The game has one of the longest trailers ever, it runs for 26 minutes and 40 seconds.
Information also contributed by
piltdown man and
Related Web Sites
- JUNKER HQ -- This fansite is dedicated to the games produced and/or designed by Hideo Kojima and contains all kinds of trivia, artwork, plot summaries, discussion forums and more.
- Konami: Twin Snakes -- The official site.
- Metal Gear Solid: The Unofficial Site -- A fansite that contains information about the whole Metal Gear franchise, including galleries, interviews, downloadable content and discussion boards.
(221) added Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
(GameCube) on Mar 08, 2004