1001 Video GamesMetal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
ReferencesAs much as this group effort by Nintendo, Konami and Silicon Knights was, it's no wonder this game has a commemorative feel. And those can be noticed as Easter eggs, such as:
- If you have an Eternal Darkness file on your memory card, Psycho Mantis says something like "You like adventure games don't you? Do you like SILICON KNIGHTS games? Did you enjoy ETERNAL DARKNESS?" He also says something if you have a Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, a Super Smash Bros. Melee or a Super Mario Sunshine file on the memory card as well.
- The GameCube + Wavebird controller with a GameCube setup screen on a TV at Otacon's office
- The Yoshi and Mario action figures (shoot them for some nice surprises!)
- Alexandra Roivas (from SK's Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem) is the centerfold for the adult magazines you can use to distract grunts, and there is an Eternal Darkness poster in a soldier's locker
- The Silicon Knights website is on one computer's screen
- On Psycho Mantis' room, the three pictures on the wall feature Hideo Kojima (MGS creator), Ryuhei Kitamura (movie director responsible for the Twin Snakes cutscenes) and Denis Dyack (president & producer from Silicon Knights)
SecretsAfter defeating Sniper Wolf in the field, you can see the parachute Liquid used to escape the Hind tangled in a tree. Unless you look directly at it you will not trigger the codec conversation with Campbell.
TrailerThe game has one of the longest trailers ever, it runs for 26 minutes and 40 seconds.
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2004 - Runner up to Mario Kart: Double Dash!! as GameCube Game of the Year
Information also contributed by Alan Smithee, Jiguryo, piltdown man and Tiago Jacques