AdvertisementMortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance was released in the UK on Valentine's Day 2003. There was loads of advertising on TV, magazines, radio, the tube etc. for the game. Most of the ads had blood in them, though not extensively. For example, one ad had a girlfriend hugging her boyfriend and as she pulled away, there were bloody hand-prints where her hands had been on his back.
Bo' Rai ChoThe new character featured in the game, Bo' Rai Cho, is notable for being drunk all the time and farting often. His name is a play on his character: the Spanish word "borracho" translates to "drunk".
DevelopmentThe first game in the series done without John Tobias (MK co-creator).
- The name of the fighter Noob Saibot is the name of the franchise masterminds backwards;
Ed Boonand John Tobias.
- Johnny Cage in this game is an obvious tribute to the actor/martial artist Bruce Lee. Like Lee, Cage is also both film star and martial artist. Moreover, one of Cage's fighting styles in this game is Jeet Kune Do, and his weapon is the Nunchaku. These are respectively the martial art created by Bruce Lee and his signature weapon.
- The secret character Mokap is based on Carlos Pesina, who was the motion capture expert for the game.
- Although the character Blaze was basically introduced in this game, he actually appeared as a background character for the Pit II stage in Mortal Kombat II. Also, his original name was Torch.
- When browsing through some of the extras found in the game (biographies, videos, official comics), the player is able to have a view on the names of fictional films where the character Johnny Cage has starred in, several of which are references to real life movies. For instance, "Citizen Cage" is a spoof of Citizen Kane, "Tommy Scissorfists" is a reference to Edward Scissorhands, "World's Most Wanted" is a spoof of Wanted, and many more.
- 2002 – "Return to Form" Award (PS2)
Contributed by JPaterson (9096) on Dec 26, 2002. [revised by : Cantillon (12935), Patrick Bregger (98888) and Medicine Man (367)]. -- edit trivia