Pac-Man Vs. (GameCube)

Everyone
Misc
Written by  :  Opipeuter (16349)
Written on  :  Feb 17, 2004
Rating  :  4.43 Stars4.43 Stars4.43 Stars4.43 Stars4.43 Stars
read more reviews by Opipeuter

Summary

A Power-Pellet of Fun !_!

The Good

The uses of the GBA NGC connection have always interested me but I rarely have seen them put to as much good use as in this game.

However, here is a fine example of good thinking that just makes me what to craft a giant Pac-Man out of the most yellow substance I can find. The fact that your friends all are a ghost and the only way they can get more points to beat the others makes for a tense chase. Everyone wants to be Pac-Man and as pseudo-teamwork to catch you commences you just know your in for fun.

There is also an undeniable pleasure of leading your comrades to Power-Pellets ;---)

The Bad

Well all in all for a game that comes free with another game (That would have been worth it alone) there isn't much bad to say.

I suppose the graphics were bland and the music was, well... What you would expect of recent Pac-Man. You also must have a GBA-NGC wire which can be annoying if you don't feel like spending money on such a device (Oh come on people it's only $10! :-P )

The only thing that really gives me pause is the use of Mario as the announcer... Somehow the voice just didn't work.

The Bottom Line

A superlative multiplayer, should be in any GameCube owners library who is in the possession of three friends.