DescriptionAfter crashing on a strange unexplored planet, Captain Olimar must gather the thirty missing parts of his space ship, before his life support runs out in thirty days and he succumbs to the planet hostile atmosphere. Luckily the Pikmin, a plant/insect life form native to the planet, are there to help him. Olimar must gather and lead the Pikmin in this real time strategy game to collect the missing pieces of his ship while combating the planet's strange and sometimes hostile flora and fauna.
- "皮克敏" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Pikumin" -- Japanese title
- "ピクミン" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
|contactmusic.com||Jun 05, 2002||9.5 out of 10||95|
|N-Europe||Nov 05, 2002||9 out of 10||90|
|NintendoWorldReport||Nov 11, 2001||9 out of 10||90|
|Gamesmania.de||Jun 14, 2002||89 out of 100||89|
|4Players.de||Jun 22, 2002||88 out of 100||88|
|Nintendo Difference||Jun 17, 2002||17 out of 20||85|
|The Video Game Critic||Apr 07, 2008||B+||83|
|GameCell UK||Apr 04, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Feb 28, 2002||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jun 10, 2002||15 out of 20||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThe GameCube version of Pikmin appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
DiscAt the start of a day the game dumps the information for that day onto the GameCube's internal memory. Therefore the game-disc can be removed without interrupting gameplay until the day ends.
- Captain Olimar's spaceship is named Dolphin. "Dolphin" was Nintendo's project name for the GameCube.
- If you break down the name of Captain Olimar into component Japanese letters, o-ri-ma, you'll notice it is "Mario" backwards.
- Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
- 2001 - Innovation in Console Gaming Award
- 2001 – Ga,eCube Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Critical Gaming Pikmin Course (The Critical-Gaming Network's first course in their series on Pikmin, a particular focus being paid to RTS design and dynamics (May, 2009).)
- Nintendo (Publishers and owners of the Pikmin franchise, Nintendo.)
- Pikmin.com (Official Pikmin website)