Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Ad Blurbs (GameCube)
Advertising BlurbsBack of Case - PlayStation 2 (UK):
- Define your own combat style with the Free-Form Fighting System. Use your environment freely, master 30 different combos and 50 special attacks.
- Enjoy endless action-packed hours travelling back in time to reverse your fate, fighting with over 50 different weapons to finally discover multiple endings.
- Break free from deadly traps and evil enemies and conquer deathly puzzles using your amazing acrobatic skills.
- Boost your combat skills using incredible new powers of time manipulation to reverse, fast-forward and slow down time.
Hunted by an immortal creature hellbent on your destination, your only hope is to reverse the rule of fate. Unleash your warrior within!
Featuring Monica Bellucci as the voice of Kaileena
Contributed by TechSmurfy (911) on Apr 13, 2012.
Unleash the Warrior Within02.12.04
For those of you that missed the time-travelling, puzzle-solving, enemy-slashing actioner Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, here’s a quick recap, ahead of the sequel’s release this Friday, December 3.
Based on the classic 2D side-scroller, Sands of Time starred the young Arabian royal on a quest to stop the evil Vizier from stealing the eponymous time-controlling grains.
The Prince used the Sands to save the day and also his own life. But cheating death by rewinding time just isn’t fair, and sooner or later fate is going to catch up with you…
Prince of Persia Warrior Within begins two years later, as the prince is on the run from a shadowy beast called the Dahaka who is hunting him for crimes against time. So our hero (now sporting a tougher look and darker attitude) must travel back in history and prevent the Sands of Time from ever existing – putting an end to this chronological catastrophe.
Thankfully, in-game your thoughts are more on hacking and slashing than temporal physics, as Warrior Within ramps up the action to the nth degree with a massive range of moves. As well as dual sword-wielding there are many new time-related powers including a ‘time-wave’ ground pound, a lightning-quick ravage attack, and the ability to move at speed while enemies are slowed down.
Of course, this wouldn’t be a Prince of Persia game without puzzles and pitfalls, and there are still many hair-raising escapades to be had, although this time Ubisoft have put more of an emphasis on action.
The darker style not only extends to the Prince’s character but the level design. The Island of Time, the birthplace of the Sands, exists in two time periods: in the present everything is dank and run-down, while the past is shiny and new, replete with traps fresh out of their wrapping.
Question is, will the Prince be able to evade death forever, or is fate finally going to get the better of him?
Prince of Persia Warrior Within is in shops this Friday, December 3, for Nintendo GameCube.
Contributed by karttu (4611) on Feb 06, 2006.
- Free-Form Fighting system: Develop unique combat styles and combos utilizing more than 60 melee weapons, projectiles, the environment, and your enemies themselves.
- Non-linear environments: Decide your own destiny.
- Countless hours of adventure: Enter a story rife with seductive evils and unexpected plot twists. Manipulate the story line, enemies, and environments through time travel.
Contributed by karttu (4611) on Feb 06, 2006.
- Take control of a darker, more vengeful Prince
- Improved combat system includes new special moves and ranged attacks
- Stunning environments to explore and mind-bending puzzles to solve
Years of strife have passed. The Prince, now a battle-hardened outcast hunted by Fate’s demon forces, must embark on a fatal odyssey to defy his preordained death.
Only by summoning the infinite powers of a devastating new combat art can he awaken the warrior within ... and emerge with his life ...
With its sumptuously rendered environments, balletic combat and incredibly graceful acrobatics, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time became an instant hit with gamers the world over. The follow-up, Warrior Within, sees the titular Prince returning as a darker, angrier and infinitely more dangerous character, facing insurmountable odds as he struggles to change the course of fate.
Having managed to cheat death itself, the Prince has unwittingly unleashed the Dahaka, a mythical beast that will not rest until fate is vindicated and the Prince slain. Our hero's quest for survival takes him to the foreboding and repressive Cursed Island, where he must face legions and legions of demonic enemies. Fortunately, our hero has a devastating new range of weapons and attacks at his disposal, and the combat system has been substantially enhanced since his last outing.
The new 'freeform fighting' system adds layer upon layer of depth to the pleasing but ultimately fairly simplistic combat of The Sands of Time. In Warrior Within, the Sands of Time are gathered by the Prince's medallion, freeing up his other hand for combat. The Prince's razor-sharp arsenal includes swords, axes and maces, and he can even use sticks or planks of wood as secondary weapons.
Not only does combat have far more depth in Warrior Within, but it's far gorier, too. More bloodthirsty players will delight at the arterial spurts of blood as the Prince stabs, impales, hacks, slices and dissects enemies, but the stunning acrobatics and cerebral puzzle solving make Warrior Within far more than just an orgy of bloodletting.
Contributed by Xoleras (65984) on May 15, 2005.