Shadow the Hedgehog Ad Blurbs (GameCube)
Move aside, Sonic - there's a new, shadier Hedgehog in town.
- Play as Shadow the Hedgehog, and use a variety of new weapons
- Multiple endings reflect the decisions you make through the game
- Discover the truth behind Shadow's mysterious identity
- Open-ended, story altering choices. Produce positive or dire consequences in Shadow's future by the paths you choose. Have a different experience every time you play!
- Intense high-speed action! Shadow has amplified speed and firepower, and can manipulate time and space with Chaos Control or create unbelievable destruction with Chaos Blast.
- Weapons, vehicles, and items! Draw from a huge arsenal of weapons including projectiles, firearms, bazookas, blasters and worm lasers. Speed away on a motorcycle, an alien craft or an SUV. AND, for the f irst time ever in a Sonic property – pick up and use environmental objects like poles, sticks and debris to plow your way through the mission.
- An all-star cast of characters! All of your favorite characters from the Sonic series, as well as an interesting lineup of new allies and adversaries!
- Huge variety of unique and intriguing stages and missions. Over 20 stages and more than 50+ missions.
- Two-player competitive mode. Get your friends in on the intense action.
- All of your favorite characters from the Sonic series, as well as an interesting lineup of new allies and adversaries
- Open-ended, story-altering choices
- More than 20 stages and 50 missions
- Intense, high-speed action
- Draw from a huge arsenal of weapons including projectiles, firearms, bazookas, blasters and worm lasers
- Use environmental objects like poles, sticks and debris
- Two-player competitive mode
Who is Shadow the Hedgehog? It's up to you to find out. Tormented by a dark past and
struggling to discover his true identity, Shadow is caught up in a complex battle between
aliens, the G.U.N. army, and Dr Eggman. Playing as Shadow, your actions will affect the
outcome of these events.
A branching structure means that the decisions you make during the game allow for a
multitude of different endings, making the game extremely replayable, while the use of
weapons and vehicles bring a fresh new slant to the Hedgehog-based gameplay.
Contributed by DreinIX (9393) on Feb 20, 2008.
Sega's Dark SideFrom his first appearance in Sonic Adventure 2 to his most recent role in Sonic Heroes, Shadow has emerged as one of the most popular characters in the Sonic The Hedgehog universe. And now, he is headlining his own game. Shadow The Hedgehog boldly redefines the intense, high-speed action that fans have come to love in the Sonic The Hedgehog series.
Contributed by Joshua J. Slone (4601) on Mar 07, 2007.
Shadow awakens with amnesia and is tormented by a dark past as he struggles to unveil his true identity. Was he created to save humankind or to do the evil bidding of the dark side? Only by collecting the seven Chaos Emeralds will Shadow unlock the truth. Caught in a complex battle between aliens, the G.U.N. army, and Dr. Eggman, Shadow becomes the very element that may tip the scales between good and evil forever. The epic is set…and the path that Shadow will ultimately take is completely up to you!
Contributed by Kartanym (10697) on Mar 13, 2006.
On the dark side
Good or evil? Your choice.
From his first appearance in Sonic Adventure 2 to his most recent role in Sonic Heroes, Shadow has emerged as one of the more popular characters in the Sonic The Hedgehog universe. And now, he is headlining his own game.
Created as the Ultimate Life Form, Shadow is a rebel struggling to uncover his mysterious past -- and true identity. Was he created to save humankind or to do the evil bidding of the dark side? His only clues lie deep in the past, and those secrets can only be unlocked through the powers of seven Chaos Emeralds.
Shadow The Hedgehog boldly combines the excitement of high-speed action-platformers with the intensity of third-person shooters. This darker take on the Sonic universe succeeds, giving the series a bit of an edge without going overboard on violence. In fact, the scenes where you're packing heat seem to be more for slowing things down between hyper-fast segments of gameplay.
The game plays off Shadow's mysterious nature by letting you pursue heroic, evil or neutral objectives in each level. Depending on which you choose, the story branches into divergent paths, each leading to different stages, bosses and endings. These yin/yang options have the added bonus of extending replayability.
The developers must have focused on the single player adventure, as the multiplayer mode needs a bit of work. It feels more like a bonus add-on than a truly fleshed-out addition to the game.
The good and evil storylines really ramp up the replay value of this fast-paced addition to the Sonic universe.
Contributed by Evil Ryu (65498) on Feb 13, 2006.