German versionIn Germany, there are two versions of Turok: Evolution, an uncut USK 18 and a cut USK 16 version. The changes:
- All blood and gore effects were removed.
- Arrows don't get stuck inside the enemy after his death, but disappear instantly.
- Enemies don't throw up when hit with a poisoned arrow.
- Enemies don't get set on fire when hit with the flame thrower.
- Enemies don't surrender.
- There are no hanged up corpses in level four.
- Death cries during the outro sequence were removed.
MarketingAcclaim announced a Labour Day contest dedicated to the release date of the game. If a family gives birth to an infant close to 12:01 a.m. on September 1st and names him "Turok" during the next year, the company will give a $10,000 savings bond to the family. The UK version of this marketing event rewarded an Xbox, 500 pounds (about $766) in cash, and all five Turok games. The condition was to legally change the name to "Turok" for a year.
Information also contributed by Felix Knoke.