DescriptionJohn Raimi is assigned to infiltrate the Volks Corporation in Southern France. This corporation specializes in weapons but has been conducting bizarre experiments. John becomes a part of one of those experiments, and his spirit is separated from his body. As a ghost, he must possess other beings to find out what happened to his body. John has to find his body before it perishes.
Players start the game as John Raimi in human form. The game plays as though it is a regular first-person shooter. Players in human form can strafe, aim, run, and shoot enemies. In spirit form, they must possess people or animals to keep from being pulled into the afterlife; they can also drain the life from plants. To possess a being, first players have to frighten it. Players achieve this by possessing objects in the environment and making them do strange things.
- "Fear" -- Working title
Part of the Following Group
|Geist- It Will Possess You...if you give it a chance||STU2 (72)|
|Fun, but not without its flaws||Matt Neuteboom (941)|
|Gamers.at||Dec 17, 2005||82 out of 100||82|
|Gamesmania.de||Oct 05, 2005||82 out of 100||82|
|NintendoWorldReport||Aug 14, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|N-Zone||Nov 11, 2005||79 out of 100||79|
|GameSpot||Aug 15, 2005||7.8 out of 10||78|
|IGN||Aug 12, 2005||7.8 out of 10||78|
|Game Informer Magazine||Sep, 2005||6 out of 10||60|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Sep 28, 2005||6 out of 10||60|
|Game Revolution||Aug 22, 2005||C||50|
|Gamezine||Oct 12, 2005||7 out of 20||35|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- In the infamous "shower room scene," after you inhabit a body and can go around opening lockers, one of the lockers contains a red bathrobe as well as a Samus Aran (of Metroid fame) helmet. Another locker contains a purple GameCube.
- Later in the game, in the Officer's Lounge, there are two flatscreen TVs set up, each with their own NES and SNES.
Title translationGeist means ghost or spirit in German.
Information also contributed by STU2
Related Web Sites
- Geist for Nintendo GameCube (Official game web site.)
- NSpace Speaks! (Interview done with n-Space in Nintendo Power.)
- Walkthrough (A complete walkthrough of the game by CyricZ)