Action 52 (Genesis)

1.4
Written by  :  Arejarn (833)
Written on  :  Jun 28, 2008

read more reviews by Arejarn

Summary

No, not the genesis!

The Good

First of all, as the game title states as obvious, there are 52 different games crammed into one single cartridge. Now you're probably asking yourselves,"How can anyone go wrong with 52 games in one" well, guess what. They got it completely wrong! Now, I'll admit that Action 52 does have a few decent games compared to the last failure. Now to be honest, I never got the Action 52 for the NES, because I believed that genesis was the top at it's time. Anyway this game does have "Bonkers" and it is actually the best game I played on Action 52 . The only problem here, it gets really boring after a while and so do the other games that actually work on this thing. Oh and the graphics have been slightly improved due to the fact this is a game on the Genesis and you'd expect a genesis game to have more complex graphics compared to the NES.

The Bad

Well, practically everything in this game is bad, they didn't fix any bugs or glitches in this game. The games are hardly playable and also, the music. It sounds like it was created by a moronic dj. I mean, it's nowhere near playable and yet, there are 52 broken and terrible games that don't work. And also, when you land onto something, you make this very strange noise (can't describe it, sorry). You can't jump while shooting and you fall like a rock. Also, whenever you're about to start any game, you hear an annoying voice saying "level one". And you know what? That voice is going to repeat every single time you lose and when you choose to submit yourself to any other game.

The Bottom Line

It's not playable or enjoyable, but it is better than the one on the NES, I think. The only thing that is the best about this game is either the menu screen or the game "bonkers". And I'm not playing Action 52 for the Genesis ever again. This is a perfect example why you have to check out the reviews of a game you want before you want it in stores!