Spotlight: Get up to 90% off at GOG's big fall sale on over 700 DRM-free games!

Awesome Possum Kicks Dr. Machino's Butt (Genesis)

1.7
Written by  :  Arejarn (822)
Written on  :  Jun 18, 2008

read more reviews by Arejarn

Summary

without a doubt, one of the most generic rip-offs of Sonic

The Good

Well, they did say they were trying to make a game that would persuade others to recycle and stuff. Sadly,though they fail.

The Bad

In most of my other reviews, I have said that good graphics and good music doesn't make a good game. But this game doesn't even possess great audio or top-notch graphics. Firstly, let's start with the plotline. Apparently," In 20 years, mankind has automated the destruction of the environment."

So, I suppose that now we have to bring on a certain possum to "rescue the world/environment" (great plot, huh?). Along the way Awesome has to engage against a variety of uninspired enemies and atrocious boss battles to add to the boring gameplay. The music sounds so bad, I think i'd rather listen to my cat spitting out a hairball in front of a loudspeaker (I apologise, that was disgusting and unnecessary!).

The gameplay is so unbalanced and slippery and I can't help but notice that there is even a speed element, just like a sonic game. I never finished the game because I couldn't be bothered, but one of my friends told me that the ending involved that (un)lovable possum being carved onto mount Rushmore!

If I saw that low-life bum up along with the other four heads, I would flip out. I mean, you don't want that loser to be seen in public, because he's an embarrassment to video games!

The Bottom Line

The Sega genesis has gone through a lot in it's time and we're all thankful that we don't get to see many rip-offs like these on modern consoles these days. The developers did mean well and tried to encourage people to be more environmental but still, you don't want this game, it's not worth your time.