New MobyGoal! We're aiming for 1,500 well documented Arcade games.

Landstalker: Treasure of King Nole (Genesis)

Written by  :  kurikthebasher (5)
Written on  :  Apr 07, 2003
Platform  :  Genesis

read more reviews by kurikthebasher

Summary

A game that carries you from beginning to end

The Good

Ever played a game you just cant put down? One that feels like Christmas everytime you hit the switch and flick on the screen? Seamless storyline, fun and humour and a villan or two. What more could you want.

The Bad

Theres only a small negative to this game. There hasnt been a Landstalker 2, 3, 4.... why not? It sold incredibly well. So come on Climax drag the Elf out of the dusty old box and throw him back on the shelf.

The Bottom Line

There is no stopping this game. From its release to present day, as a non stop gamer, I still havent played a better game. The story line is entertaining and flows from one small village to the next. Game makers these days seemed to be so impressed with their own graphics and sound effects that they forget a simple truth. An interactive story will always hold a player longer than a crash bash beat em up. How many of you gamers clock a game and never pick it up again. Once youve learned the moves and hammered a few players the game loses its grip on you. Landstalker isnt like that.Its simple, easy to follow but with some degree of difficulty. Theres still things I have discovered in this 10 year old game that still dont appear on cheat sites. So to be brutally honest i'd say there isnt a game on the shelf today that gripped me the way this one did ten years ago. Wanna go without sleep for a week? Play it.