Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (Genesis)

Written by  :  Mavi Bacon (15)
Written on  :  Jan 25, 2009
Platform  :  Genesis
Rating  :  3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars3.75 Stars
read more reviews by Mavi Bacon

Summary

This is a decent cash-in, but I prefer the arcade version more.

The Good

The first me and most people will think is awesome is the music...it really is...a nice 16-bit rendition of Michael's best music. Also, the graphics are OK and MJ's sprite is well-animated. Also, the star you get in Round 2,3, and 5 that turns to a robot to have 30 seconds of ROBOT MAYHEM (that is awesome)...the moves you can do are also awesome, too!

The Bad

The gameplay's plain repetitive, all you do is get all the girls in the level. The enemy sprites are less animated, which looks wooden and awkward. Also, the later levels are plain annoying (Round 4-1,4-2,4-3, and 5-2)...the ending is horrid, all you get is MJ and that black kid in the movie dancing while the credits scroll. Also, how does when they jump and they touch me, how does it hurt someone? It doesn't make sense

The Bottom Line

Overall, this is a decent cash-in of the movie, although I wish they took more months on this game (as the arcade and the Genesis were released the same time on August 1990)...other than that, sidescroller and MJ fans will be pleased with this game, others, probably not.