DescriptionThis soccer game was made at the time when Nintendo introduced their four player adapter, and was probably made for the four playing purpose. This is shown clearly when you choose to play 2 or more players. Then you can choose between many different ground layers, like ice, grass and stone, which adds to the replayability.
When you play a one player game you play the world cup as one of the top soccer countries of that time, and you meet countries in a fixed order. Cameroon in the first match and the final is against West Germany. In an old-school fashion you lose when you play a draw, there's no extra time whatsoever.
In the game you always steer only one character, which you choose before the match starts. You can then give simple orders to you team-mates, like pass, tackle and shoot. Your moves are also limited to these moves. The game is totally lawless, so feel free to make elbow tackles without a wink from the referee. Probably it was made this way to be funnier to play against friends.
- "熱血高校ドッジボール部サッカー編" -- Japanese Famicom spelling
- "Nekketsu Kōkō Soccer-bu: World Cup-hen" -- Japanese Game Boy title
- "Nekketsu Kōkō Dodgeball-bu: Soccer-hen" -- Japanese Famicom title
- "Nekketsu Kōkō Dodgeball-bu: PC Soccer-hen" -- Japanese PC Engine title
- "Nekketsu Kōkō Dodgeball-bu: MD Soccer-hen" -- Japanese Mega Drive title
- "Nekketsu Kōkō Dodgeball-bu: CD Soccer-hen" -- Japanese PC Engine CD title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for the Genesis release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.