Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master (Genesis)

Written by  :  J. G. (7)
Written on  :  Mar 27, 2005
Platform  :  Genesis

read more reviews by J. G.

Summary

What the Genesis was about...

The Good

It's crisp, it's fast and it's sharp. The controls, the Genesis' strong point at the time, are a breeze. You can make your character on the screen hop around, bounce against walls and perform mid-air flips while throwing shurikens without a pain.

Great! The gameplay? Flawless.

Different levels, different enemies with different attack patterns. Very little repetition. Your character can perform "kias" that'll wipe everything off the screen, he can ride a horse and is surf-savvy too.

But above everything else... it's fast!

The Bad

Nothing I can think of. Well... the sound is what you'd expect from a Genesis game: It's all "Shwoof" and "Pwoof" (If you've ever owned a Genesis, you know what I mean.)

Besides that, there's nothing to complain about. The game is very well balanced. Not too hard, not too easy.

The Bottom Line

It's basically pure Genesis-bliss: It's fast, looks good and leaves your gamepad all sweaty.

When you're a kid, you're very dogmatic about the selection of games you rent. This one I wanted to rent all the time. I play it today and remember why I did.