Virtua Fighter 2 (Genesis)

Also For
2.4
Written by  :  Mavi Bacon (15)
Written on  :  Jan 25, 2009
Platform  :  Genesis

read more reviews by Mavi Bacon

Summary

If Virtua Racing made use of the SVP, why can't Virtua Fighter 2? Now, we get a mediocre game that tries to make it 2D.

The Good

The only thing I liked about it is the font...at least it looks exactly like the old Virtua Fighter games.

The Bad

The graphics are horrible as this is supposed to be a 3D game right? Why didn't this game make use of the SVP (Sega Virtua Processor), I don't understand that...also, the music is like someone using a rusty nail to write on the chalkboard to make music (in other words, it sucks)...Also, the AI sucks big time...they barely attack and they stand there most of the time...I can't explain anymore...there's too many cons about this game...check for yourself...

The Bottom Line

This game is freaking horrible, what was Sega thinking of making Virtua Fighter 2 2D? Why didn't they use the SVP for Virtua Fighter 2, we're they running out of money? I can't say anymore...stay away from this mediocre garbage...If you can't afford to make use of the SVP, at least put it on the 32X instead of the Genesis. But since it's too late, destroy all copies and get rid of all ROMs of this, this is an abomination of the Virtua Fighter series...just ignore this game....I can't explain anymore.