1001 Video GamesZombies Ate My Neighbors appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Bonus levelAt the end of the game there's a special credits level called "Monsters Among Us" in which you walk around in the LucasArts headquarters. The game developers are sitting at their desks or just hang around and when you approach them they will tell you who they are and what their role in the development of the game was.
Some bits of trivia regarding this credits level:
- George Lucas welcomes you at the door tells you to get back to work.
- A woman at a desk says: "watch out for our boss Kelly Flock".
- Steve Purcell, of Sam & Max fame, is dressed up like Indiana Jones.
- The purple tentacle from Day of the Tentacle is one of the monsters in this level.
- A guy at a desk says: "I cannot wait for the robot game" (anybody got an idea which game he means? I guess it's something related to Star Wars)
European versionIn the European version, the enemy representing Jason Voorhees (from the Friday the 13th film series) was given an axe instead of a chainsaw. Also the death over screen is now green.
ReferencesThe "robot game" referenced in the credits level is "Metal Warriors" for the SNES, which was the next game done by the same team.
Information also contributed by Toshiyasu Morita