DescriptionGilligan's Gold is a flick-screen platform game based on the arcade game Bagman consisting of three screens as you try to negotiate various levels of a mine to collect all the bags of gold scattered around the three screens. Trying to stop you are a couple of outlaws and if you touch one then you lose one of five lives. You must use the ladders and lifts to move up and down levels and if you fall down more than one level then you lose a life. Once you have a bag of gold you must drag it up to the top of the mine and put it in your wheelbarrow which can be moved anywhere on the top of the mine on any screen. Dragging a bag of gold slows you down but can be used to drop on the head of an outlaw. You can use a pick axe to dig through a yellow wall hiding a bag of gold and it can also can stun an outlaw for a few seconds but can only be used once. Moving about the screens are mine-carts and although if they hit you, you lose a life but you can ride them. Grab onto a hook and when a cart is beneath you drop on it. You can get off a cart at anytime.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Gilligans Gold" -- Commodore 64 in-game title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Crash!||ZX Spectrum||Dec, 1984||79 out of 100||79|
|Sinclair User||ZX Spectrum||Dec, 1984||6 out of 10||60|
|Your 64||Commodore 64||Oct, 1984||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- CPC-Power (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; game packaging; manual digitalizations; goodies; advertisement; magazine reviews; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- CPCRrulez (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; advertisement; game packaging; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- Lemon 64 (For Commodore 64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- Program Bytes 48K (in Spanish) (Article in Spanish about the original arcade Bagman and Gilligan's Gold. By Neil Parsons. 27th of September, 2009.)
- The Tipshop (For ZX Spectrum: a central archive for all Spectrum and SAM games hints, tips, cheats, maps, hacks and pokes. )
- World of Spectrum (For ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material including – cassette inlay, advertisement, instructions; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts.)
- ZX Spectrum Reviews (For ZX Spectrum: magazine game reviews in HTML.)