DescriptionGNU Chess is a fully functional, freeware, chess program which can play against a human player or another chess program. This program has been around for a long time,:
- Version 1 was written by Stuart Cracraft in 1984 for a Unix system
- Versions 2, 3, and 4 used Chess by John Stanback at their core
- Version 5 was written by Chua Kong-Sian
- The latest version at the time of writing (2014), is version 6.1.2 and this was developed from a chess program called Fruit developed by Fabien Letouzey. This has a new chess engine but is backwards compatible with previous versions
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- GNU Chess (official website)
Win32 version :