The Golden Compass Ad Blurbs
Discover the magical and mysterious world of The Golden Compass™, based on the Philip Pullman novel and the major motion picture from New Line Cinema, the studio behind The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Lyra Belacqua's uncle has been imprisoned, her best friend kidnapped, and now she must set forth from the safety of Jordan College into a world of intense danger and amazing adventure to save them. Joining Lyra in her mission is her animal daemon, Pan, as well as Iorek, the giant and powerful polar bear, and the mysterious Golden Compass - a truth-telling device that will help lead the way. In a world where witches fly through frozen skies, giant armored bears fight to defend their kingdom, and sinister Gobblers kidnap children and carry them to a frozen wasteland, Lyra, Pan, and Iorek must work together as they embark on this epic journey of action, exploration, collaboration, and discovery.
- Authentic movie experience: The game brings to life characters, locations, and scenes from the movie and features the likenesses of the cast, including Nicole Kidman as Mrs. Coulter, Daniel Craig as Lord Asriel, and Dakota Blue Richards as Lyra Belacqua.
- Heroic action: Embark on a journey into the frozen North as the rebellious and headstrong heroine Lyra who uses her cunning to evade enemies. Or charge forward as her powerful friend and protector Iorek, a giant armored bear able to overcome any obstacle with his brute strength.
- New and exciting locations: Immerse yourself in the world of The Golden Compass movie and discover the majestic grandeur of Jordan College, the hustle and bustle of port town Trollesund, or the dark and foreboding research station at Bolvangar. Go beyond the movie with two areas from the His Dark Materials universe exclusive to the game.
- A powerful bond: Experience the collaborative bond between Lyra and her unique animal-companion Pan who morphs into a variety of different creatures to help Lyra solve puzzles, and navigate obstacles throughout her perilous journey.
- The truth of the Compass: Use the truth-telling Golden Compass to solve in-game puzzles and unlock bonus content allowing you to fully explore the world.
- Fun mini-games: Participate in a variety of themed mini-games to help Lyra gain further information about her journey and avoid confrontation with those that mean her harm.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (21336) on Oct 10, 2010.
- EXPLORE THE ACTION PACKED WORLD OF THE GOLDEN COMPASS(TM) IN THE OFFICIAL VIDEOGAME OF THE BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE.
- TAKE CONTROL OF LYRA, PAN AND IOREK: THREE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS WITH THREE DIFFERENT PLAY STYLES - EXPLORE, SOLVE, AND ATTACK.
- MASTER THE MYSTERIOUS GOLDEN COMPASS - USE IT TO UNCOVER VITAL NEW INFORMATION ON LYRA'S WORLD AND UNLOCK BONUS CONTENT.
DISCOVER A WORLD BEYOND THE MOVIETHE COMPASS WILL SHOW YOU THE WAY...
PLAY AS THE REBELLIOUS LYRA, HER DAEMON-COMPANION PAN, AND THE MIGHTY ARMOURED ICE BEAR IOREK AS YOU EMBARK ON AN EPIC ADVENTURE. FROM THE SAFETY OF OXFORD TO THE FROZEN KINGDOMS OF THE NORTH, YOUR JOURNEY WILL BE FRAUGHT WITH ACTION, ADVENTURE, WONDER AND EXCITEMENT.
Contributed by PolloDiablo (16598) on Jan 27, 2009.
Experience Philip Pullman's and New Line Cinema's epic on PSP.
- Explore a parallel universe of wonders and danger guided by The Golden Compass
- Use cunning as Lyra to evade your foes or brute strength as Iorek to overcome challenges
- Features the likenesses of the movie's cast, including Nicole Kidman as Mrs. Coulter, Daniel Craig as Lord Asriel and newcomer Dakota Blue Richards as Lyra Belacqua
Uncover a world of mysteries in The Golden Compass based on the best-selling novel by Philip Pullman and New Line Cinema's motion picture.
Take on the role of Lyra Belacqua as she set out on a quest to rescue her imprisoned uncle and kidnapped best friend. Joining Lyra on her mission is Pan - her spirit daemon, Iorek - a giant and powerful armoured bear, and the mysterious Golden Compass - a truth telling device that will help lead the way.
Together Lyra, Pan and Iorek embark on an epic adventure of action, exploration, collaboration and discovery. Journeying though unique locations, such as the port town Trollesund and the dark and foreboding research station at Bolvangar, you will be able to experience the events of the film and explore brand new locations.
Contributed by DreinIX (9397) on Apr 25, 2008.