DescriptionIn Golden Gate, explore modern day San Francisco to uncover an ancient treasure hidden there years ago.
The game has a point-and-click interface, is explored in first person perspective, and includes a small number of adventure-type puzzles.
Scenes of San Francisco are drawn in watercolors and appear in "slide-show" fashion. The gameplay is similar to a treasure hunt since scenes must be investigated thoroughly to find all of the clues and items. Full motion video cut-scenes advance the story.
Part of the Following Groups
|Sounds good - should be good, but it was only ho-hum at best.||Windows||Jeanne (75413)|
|Coming Soon Magazine||Windows||Mar, 1997||85 out of 100||85|
|Coming Soon Magazine||Macintosh||Mar, 1997||85 out of 100||85|
|Tap-Repeatedly/Four Fat Chicks||Macintosh||Feb, 2002||80|
|Computer Games Magazine||Windows||1997||70|
|Electric Playground||Macintosh||Mar 13, 1997||7 out of 10||70|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Windows||Jun 13, 1997||60|
|Game Revolution||Macintosh||Jun 05, 2004||D-||16|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Anonymous Walkthrough (on Adrenaline Vault)
- Gameboomers' Walkthrough (author unknown)
- Hints for Golden Gate (If you're stuck in Golden Gate, these hints will get you moving again.)
- Review List (A good list of reviews about Golden Gate)
- Screenshots (A good group of screenshots appear in the Private Moon gallery)
- The Patches Scrolls (Patch download location)
- Walkthrough (Step by step game guide for Golden Gate)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.