Installing Opposing Force
automatically patches Half-Life
to version 220.127.116.11. The patch not only fixes several bugs, but adds the multiplayer mode Team Fortress Classic.
There are a number of changes in the German version:
- All blood and gore effects after hits against enemies or the player were removed.
- If a human non-enemy is killed, he does not die but sits on the floor and shakes his head.
- In multiplayer mode, the human skins (except assassin) were replaced with the "Helmet" skin.
A detailed list of changes can be found on schnittberichte.com
- In original Half-Life, when you played the scientist Gordon Freeman, you jumped into some huge generated portal to reach the alien world. In this game, when playing military corporal Sheppard, you actually see Freeman how he jumps into that portal, and then come to the same point only the portal crashed before you manage to follow, but you exterminate what's left of the flying aliens around, though.
- The game contains easter eggs which reference DOOM II, The Beating of a High School Janitor song by Adam Sandler, David Michael Mertz and James Bond. Detailed information about how to reach them can be found in the tips & tricks section.
Information also contributed by
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 03/2000 - Best Add-on in 1999