DescriptionHardwood Euchre is a single player, shareware, trick taking card game which, in most versions, is played by two pairs of players. In these games the computer plays the role of both partner and opponents.
The basic game of Euchre is played in pairs and ends when one pair scores ten points. It is played with a deck of just twenty-four cards, the nine, ten, jack, queen, king and ace of each suit, with five cards dealt to each player. Euchre has been played since 1860 and consequently over time many rule and scoring variations have developed. In addition to the basic game there are five Euchre variants available with this product:
- British Rules - also played as in pairs with a Joker included in the deck becoming the top trump. This game ends at eleven points.
- Cut Throat - a three player game using a where players are scored individually, there are no mines in the deck of this version
- Stick The Dealer - this version forces the dealer to pick trumps if everyone has passed twice.
- Sevens Up - uses an extended deck of cards from the seven to the ace of each suit
- Play to Fifteen Points, also known as 'The Long Game'
- Four levels of difficulty
- Fooming - a feature where one player can send nasty things, such as lightning bolts, or nice things, such as kisses, to another player
- A three part tutorial on the basic game with two additional sections, one on the Cut Throat variation and the other on Fooming
- An Achievements ladder
- On-line play via either a Hardwood Games account or a Facebook account. The Hardwood Game's website posts leader boards for all it's games
- The card back, table, background or environment picture, can all be changed as can the player's name and avatar. The game can also be played in a window or in full screen mode
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
SDL - Simple DirectMedia Layer - Version 1.2 Copyright (C) 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 :