DescriptionHaunted is an adventure game settled in the 19th century. The story starts of in Victorian London where the street kid Mary gets abducted by evil professor Ashcroft and her henchman Ethan. Actually Mary is following a call of her sister's spirit, whose disappearance and presumed death she feels responsible for. Her escape develops into a race for her sister's soul. On her way through London, the Scottish Highlands, and even Transylvania she gathers a fellowship of ghosts that assist her with individual special abilities.
Here's an overview of the Ghosts and their skills in order of appearance:
- Pirate Oscar: The small restless wannabe pirate calls himself Oscar the Dreadful though most spirits just know him as Oscar the Miserable. He can touch extremely hot or electrified items. He can also be charged by electricity.
- Scottish folk hero William Wallace: This hulk of a ghost is still on the prowl to slaughter detested Englishmen whenever possible. He is extremely strong but can only operate things that are actually dead or were touched by the death before.
- Chinese philosopher Confucius: The self-important know-it-all is bound to a container like a genie to a bottle. He can take any state of aggregation and alter his shape.
- Pope Boniface VIII: The grumpy pontiff is seeking redemption for mistakes during his lifetime. He can translate any language or read any writing.
- Ghost Wolf: The poor beast has a perfect sense of smell. He will not accept any orders but lets Mary take over his body because she rescued him from a non-dead existence as hideous Werman.
- Mermaid Goldie: She is the spirit of a goldfish that gets incinerated during Mary's trip. She can hover through the air, which is a very rare ability reserved for innocent souls only.
The puzzles focus on item combination mostly, enriched by the need to employ the ghosts' special abilities in certain situations. While the main course of action is rather linear the game features an optional side quest that can be continued at different stages of the game. Haunted is featured completely in realtime 3D graphics. The perspectives range from fixed point and angle to dynamically moving and rotating ones.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|GameZebo||Dec 13, 2012||90|
|spieletipps||Aug 12, 2011||85 out of 100||85|
|iamgamer||Sep 07, 2011||81 out of 100||81|
|GameStar (Germany)||Aug 14, 2011||80 out of 100||80|
|Game Captain||Aug 31, 2001||79 out of 100||79|
|Adventure Corner||Aug 15, 2011||76 out of 100||76|
|PC Games (Germany)||Aug, 2011||76 out of 100||76|
|Onlinewelten.de||Aug 30, 2011||75 out of 100||75|
|GamersGlobal||Aug 12, 2011||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Adventure-Treff||Aug 13, 2011||74 out of 100||74|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentThe game was already announced in summer 2008. Though it met almost the same fate like The Book of Unwritten Tales: Die Vieh Chroniken. In the dead water of its publisher HMH Interactive, who filed for bankruptcy in 2009, the game was acquired in 2010 by JoWood. Paradoxically the latter also had to file for bankruptcy before being able to release the game.
Finally in July 2011 dtp Entertainemt managed to obtain the right of publishing Haunted and released it within the next month, thus concluding the odyssey. In the meantime the developer took extensive effort to refurbish the game.
Related Web Sites
- Haunted – Official Website (Official German game site)
Executive Director and Project Lead: