DescriptionTwo distinct characters called Mr Head and Mr Heels are played in this arcade adventure. They are separated at the shoulders but capable of joining together to maximize their abilities in some situations (but reduce them in others, so they can be split again).
The game is presented from an isometric perspective, and presents the characters with a number of puzzles involving switches, jumps and climbs. The levels are 3 dimensional, and the characters must collect crowns as they progress. Objects can be picked up and manipulated as necessary.
- "Head Over Heels HD" -- iPad title
- "Head-Over-Heels" -- Atari 8-bit loading title
- "Foot and Mouth" -- Working Title
|The Immortals (#12)||ZX Spectrum||Ashley Pomeroy (233)|
The Press Says
|Sinclair User||ZX Spectrum||May, 1987||100|
|Crash!||ZX Spectrum||Apr, 1987||97 out of 100||97|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||ZX Spectrum||Aug 21, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
|Your Sinclair||ZX Spectrum||Jun, 1987||9 out of 10||90|
|Sinclair User||ZX Spectrum||Jul, 1991||89 out of 100||89|
|Crash!||ZX Spectrum||Jul, 1990||89 out of 100||89|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Amstrad CPC||Nov 04, 2011||17 out of 20||85|
|Happy Computer||Amstrad CPC||1986||81 out of 100||81|
|Tilt||Amstrad CPC||Jun, 1987||15 out of 20||75|
|Amiga Joker||Amiga||Nov, 1991||63 out of 100||63|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesHead Over Heels appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- Power Play
- 1987 - #3 Best Atari XL Game '87
- Newsfield Reader's Awards - Best Arcade Adventure 1987 (readers choice)
- Newsfield Reader's Awards - Most Challenging Game 1987 (readers choice)
- Retro Gamer
- October 2004 (Issue #9) – #35 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)