DescriptionTwo distinct characters called Mr Head and Mr Heels are played in this arcade adventure. They are separated at the shoulders but capable of joining together to maximize their abilities in some situations (but reduce them in others, so they can be split again).
The game is presented from an isometric perspective, and presents the characters with a number of puzzles involving switches, jumps and climbs. The levels are 3 dimensional, and the characters must collect crowns as they progress. Objects can be picked up and manipulated as necessary.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Head Over Heels HD" -- iPad title
- "Head-Over-Heels" -- Atari 8-bit loading title
- "Foot and Mouth" -- Working Title
|The Immortals (#12)||ZX Spectrum||Ashley Pomeroy (233)|
|Zzap!||Commodore 64||Aug, 1987||98 out of 100||98|
|The Games Machine (UK)||ZX Spectrum||Aug, 1990||97 out of 100||97|
|The Games Machine (UK)||Amstrad CPC||Aug, 1990||97 out of 100||97|
|Crash!||ZX Spectrum||Apr, 1987||97 out of 100||97|
|Commodore Format||Commodore 64||Feb, 1994||95 out of 100||95|
|The One for Amiga Games||Amiga||Sep, 1991||91 out of 100||91|
|Amiga Force||Amiga||May, 1993||90 out of 100||90|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Amstrad CPC||Nov 04, 2011||17 out of 20||85|
|Happy Computer||Amstrad CPC||1986||81 out of 100||81|
|Atari User (UK)||Atari 8-bit||Aug, 1987||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesHead Over Heels appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- Commodore Format
- March 1991 (Issue 6) - listed in the A to Z of Classic Games article (Great)
- March 1994 (Issue 42) – Heaven: Music of the Gods
- Newsfield Reader's Awards - Best Arcade Adventure 1987 (readers choice)
- Newsfield Reader's Awards - Most Challenging Game 1987 (readers choice)
- Power Play
- 1987 - #3 Best Atari XL Game '87
- Retro Gamer
- October 2004 (Issue #9) – #35 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)