DescriptionHeartland's meta-referential plot involves a struggle between good and evil, as depicted in a book, the last six pages of which have become lost. As a result, you must dive into the game's world to complete the story, and ensure that evil doesn't win, by saving the white pages and destroying the black ones.
There are six levels, all with distinctly cutesy themes and colourful graphics. The level layouts are extremely complicated, and you have to make your way back to base after each one, before being transported onto the next one, all within a time limit. The levels are full of wizards who must be shot, as well as a small amount of character interaction.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Kimera" -- Working title
There are no reviews for this game.
|Amtix!||Amstrad CPC||Jan, 1987||93 out of 100||93|
|Crash!||ZX Spectrum||Aug, 1986||92 out of 100||92|
|Your Sinclair||ZX Spectrum||Oct, 1986||9 out of 10||90|
|Zzap!||Commodore 64||Feb, 1987||85 out of 100||85|
|Computer Gamer||ZX Spectrum||Dec, 1986||80 out of 100||80|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||ZX Spectrum||Oct 25, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|Happy Computer||ZX Spectrum||Nov, 1986||75 out of 100||75|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||ZX Spectrum||Sep, 1986||7.25 out of 10||72|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Commodore 64||Sep, 1986||7.25 out of 10||72|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Amstrad CPC||Sep, 1986||7.25 out of 10||72|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ZX Spectrum versionThe Spectrum version of the game reputedly crashes when the final page is collected, so you don't get to see an end sequence - to appreciate how ironic (and perhaps intentional) this is, re-read the description.
The makers used a trick in the Spectrum's screen format to hide text in the loading screen with the credits of the game's creators, since Odin did not allow personal credits in their games:
C.GRUNES.; GAME DESIGN AND GRAPHICS C.GRUNES; GAME PLAY AND PROGRAM MAX BOUNTY COUNT; GRAFX-C.GRUNES CODE-MAX.B.COUNT.
Related Web Sites
- CPC-Power (in French) (for Amstrad CPC: package material digitalizations; downloadable releases; ads; manuals; additional material)
- Game Base 64 (for C64: downloadable links; game entry database; music)
- Lemon 64 (for C64: game database; music; cover art digitalizations; additional material)
- The Making of Heartland for Sinclair ZX Spectrum (Article posted by Steve Wetherill, the responsible for the coding on the Spectrum and Amstrad CPC versions.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: cover art; magazine references; magazine adverts; additional material)
Amstrad CPC Credits