Hocus Pocus Ad Blurbs
Advertising Blurbs3D Realms website :
Terexin, leader of the Council of Wizards, is sending the young sorcerer, Hocus, on a special mission to prove his worthiness. This mission will take Hocus to 16 unique realms, each filled with unique dangers and enemies. Few have survived Terexin's final test--for many it's a one-way trip.
- Smooth 360 degree scrolling, with a parallax background.
- Over SIX MEGS of 256-color VGA animated graphics.
- Four episodes with 36 huge levels!
- Over 30 different monsters, plus four huge bosses!
- Incredible new Apogee sound engine, with a dozen theme songs during play.
- Save/restore options, selectable skill levels, four cheat passwords!
- Hocus Pocus is an addictive, action-packed, entertaining game that's comparable, or better than, anything found on the home cartridge systems.
Along the way Hocus will encounter dragons, imps, ghosts and 30 more unique creatures, demons and enemies. Survive, and Hocus becomes a full-fledged, card carrying Wizard. The other option is not so favorable. Awesome and beautiful 256-color VGA graphics. After every two levels of play the level graphics, background and enemies completely change, giving this game unparalleled variety. Hocus Pocus is a action platform game, with exciting puzzles built into each level's structure.
Hocus is armed with a standard magic spell (he's not yet a full Wizard, after all), but he can find several potions that give him a temporary boost of magical energy. There are potions that give Hocus the ability to shoot rapidly, jump higher, teleport and fire a devastating energy blast, among others.
Contributed by IJan (2001) on Dec 03, 1999.