DescriptionHuggly is a friendly green cartoon monster who lives under the bed. He and his friends are at Monster Adventure Camp looking forward to its Grand Opening, when a huge windstorm races through, taking Huggly's turtle friends and making a mess of the camp. The player's task is to assist Huggly as he tries to set things to rights before opening day.
A tray at the bottom of the screen holds a map, a backpack for inventory, a stop icon to exit the game, and shows the activities that have yet to be completed. Gameplay uses the mouse - the cursor sparkles when it is over an object that will animate or can be used; in some games objects will stick to the cursor until clicked on again. The player can travel through Adventure Camp by using the map or by following the paths.
There are 11 mini-games that exercise many of the skills in a kindergarten curriculum; thinking and problem solving, language, early math, reading, and creative expression.
- Turtleworks theme song - replace numbered notes in numerical order
- Oysters and Pearls - match up numbered pearls with their written-numbered oysters
- Canoe River - Use the mouse to maneuver the canoe close to litter in the river, avoiding rocks and logs
- The Bridge - sort pairs of rhyming toys for Zibble & Quibble, the Rhyming Twins
- Irma's Train Stop - sort scattered cargo into the freight car that matches it's first letter
- Cave - stack rocks to create a stairway so Uncle Chomper can climb down safely
- Al Lee Gator's Stream - replace the missing letters in Hotfoot's storybook
- The Wild Woods - Tillie is pretending to be Mrs. Bird's egg - find the real one and replace the ladder rungs to reach the nest
- Plant Patterns - drag the uprooted flowers back into place to complete patterns
- The Flexi-Slide - assemble the slide by matching upper and lower case letters
- The Turtleworks - a pinball game utilizing the characters on the playing field. Two turtles wield baseball bats as flippers, and others assist by launching the ball, returning it, adding extra balls, etc. The Z key and the ? key move the flippers separately; the spacebar or a mouse click moves them both simultaneously. All the games can be returned to at any time.
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Review Corner||Windows||Nov, 2000||9.3 out of 10||93|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.