DescriptionImperial Glory is a hybrid strategy game set in the era of the Napoleonic Wars, wherein you play as any of the five empires of that era, that is: France, England, Russia, Austria and Prussia.
The majority of the game is played on a large, over world map in a turn-based fashion, tasking you with guiding your empire through resource management, and matters of military preparedness, not entirely unlike a more complex variant of Risk. Whenever battle is initiated with an opponent, however, the option is given to the player either to have the battle be automated by the computer or controlled directly by themselves. If the player chooses the latter then they must arrange and direct their army against the opponent in a real-time battle on a self-contained battlefield relevant to that sector of the world. This applies equally to naval combat.
Diplomacy is also a key aspect, allowing you to make defensive treaties with other countries, form a coalition against an unfriendly nation, and improve foreign relations, among other options. Commercial routes can also be established with other countries, providing you with the finances either to form a wealthy, commercial entity or establish a militaristic empire.
The game has two main gameplay options, each with its own specific set of objectives. The first, Score Victory, requires that the player gain more points than any of his opponents to win, collecting them through military operations, economic success, and diplomatic achievements. The second, Total Victory, is much simpler, tasking the player with conquering Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa in order to win. An option also exists to play one of four historic battles of the period as a brief, real-time scenario.
- "帝国的荣耀" -- Chinese title (simplified)
Part of the Following Groups
- Genre: Grand strategy
- Historical conflict: Napoleonic Wars
- Premier Collection releases
- Technology: amBX
|Real-time Land Battles||Windows||Mirrorshades2k (273)|
The Press Says
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Windows||Jun, 2005||89 out of 100||89|
|IGN||Windows||Jun 01, 2005||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Games4Mac||Macintosh||2006||73 out of 100||73|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Macintosh||Jan 26, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
|Game Chronicles||Windows||Jun 23, 2005||6.9 out of 10||69|
|Gamesmania||Windows||Jun 13, 2005||68 out of 100||68|
|GameSpot||Windows||Jun 02, 2005||6.7 out of 10||67|
|GameStar (Germany)||Windows||Jun, 2005||65 out of 100||65|
|JeuxActu||Windows||Jul 19, 2005||12 out of 20||60|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Windows||Sep, 2005||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Bring the Napoleonic Era to Life (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Imperial Glory (January, 2007).)
- Imperial Glory (Official website)
- Official Webpage (Mac) (The official product page for the Mac version of Imperial Glory on the publisher's website, which provides a profile of the game, a number of desktop wallpapers, a pair of trailers, an overview of the playable empires, and ordering information, among other such things.)
- Patches and Mods (Includes the 1.1 patch, 4 trailers, the game demo, and a bunch of mods for the game.)