DescriptionThe computer versions of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom are conversions of the Atari arcade game based on the second movie in the series. As Indy you must complete several cycles of the following 3 types of levels:
- Mine level: Whip your way through a mine in order to free children that are held captive. Use your whip to swing across chasms, climb ladders, ride along conveyor belts and defend yourself against attacks from Thuggee guards, bats, snakes and the fireball-throwing Mola ram. Escape with the mine cart after you've freed all children.
- Mine cart level: Pick the right route through a network of tracks while riding in a mine cart. Avoid potholes, broken tracks & guards in carts and safely reach the end of the track.
- Temple level: Make your way to the altar and grab the Sankara stone while Mola Ram, bats and Thuggee guards attack you. Watch out for that lava.
- "Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom" -- Alternate spelling (Gold Winners! release)
Part of the Following Groups
|Indy has never whipped so many bats or fireballs in his life||Amiga||*Katakis* (37800)|
|One of the weaker Indiana Jones games.||DOS||Roedie (5226)|
|Piece of bull||Atari ST||Hannu Siivonen (18)|
The Press Says
|ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)||Commodore 64||Dec, 1987||776 out of 1000||78|
|The Games Machine (UK)||ZX Spectrum||Dec, 1987||64 out of 100||64|
|Commodore User||Commodore 64||Nov, 1987||6 out of 10||60|
|Commodore User||Arcade||Feb, 1987||6 out of 10||60|
|The Games Machine (UK)||Atari ST||Dec, 1987||56 out of 100||56|
|The Games Machine (UK)||Amstrad CPC||Dec, 1987||42 out of 100||42|
|The Games Machine (UK)||Commodore 64||Dec, 1987||32 out of 100||32|
|All Game Guide||Commodore 64||1998||30|
|Lemon64||Commodore 64||Feb 03, 2014||3 out of 10||30|
|The Video Game Critic||NES||May 23, 2008||D-||16|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Video review Indiana Jones-based games (WARNING: Language) (The Angry Video Game Nerd, Jame Rolfe, reviews games based on the first three Indiana Jones films, including Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom on NES.)