DescriptionIndyCar Racing is Papyrus' second racing game, four years after the release of Indianapolis 500. With an official license, all the real track names and designs are available (eight in total), with authentic sponsors and logos. Other features include multiple TV-type replays, a comprehensive garage and setup routine and breakaway parts when making contact with other cars. This is a pure open-wheel simulation, based on the American races, with realistic car handling and room for racing techniques based on grip, ideal racing lines, and throttle-to-brake interaction.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Recordable replays
- Games with manual lookup copy protection
- IndyCar racing games
- IndyCar Racing series
There are no reviews for this game.
|PC Games (Germany)||Nov, 1993||92 out of 100||92|
|MikroBitti||Jan, 1994||92 out of 100||92|
|Electronic Entertainment||Mar, 1994||9 out of 10||90|
|Play Time||Nov, 1993||89 out of 100||89|
|PC Joker||Jan, 1994||87 out of 100||87|
|Score||May, 1994||85 out of 100||85|
|Edge||Jan, 1994||8 out of 10||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jan 17, 2011||16 out of 20||80|
|High Score||Jan, 1994||3 out of 5||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentRoad surface textures were added during development when the team noticed that Geoff Crammond had used the technique in World Circuit (1992). The game originally had eight tracks, but seven more were added in an expansion pack, and the Indianapolis track was available through another add-on after the proper licensing was secured.
SalesAbout 300,000 units were sold worldwide.
- Computer Gaming World
- June 1994 (Issue #119) – Simulation Game of the Year
- June 1994 (Issue #119) – Best Female Voice-Over Acting (for Virginia Capers for her role as narrator)
- Electronic Entertainment
- March 1994 – Editors' Choice Awards: Best Game (Honorable Mention)
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 12/1999 - #85 in the "100 Most Important PC Games of the Nineties" ranking
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)