DescriptionFinal Freeway is a racing game inspired by arcade racing games of the mid to late 80s such as Outrun.
The goal of the game is to reach the end of a course within a certain time limit and with the highest possible score. The score is influenced by the average speed of the vehicle while racing and the ability of the player to avoid other vehicles.
The game features eight racing tracks: "East Coast City", "American Desert", "Green Hills", "Rome Madness", "Safari", "Snowy Mountains", "Pharaon" and "Miami Sunset".
There are three play modes:
- "Standard Course": select one of two courses which gather 6 racing tracks (some of which are unique to one course, some which are common to both courses).
- "Shuffled Course": similar to "Standard Course", but with the order of the tracks changing randomly at each game.
- "Time Attack": select one of the eight tracks which is played in a loop for up to 5 laps, in a bid to achieve the fastest time for that track.
- "Normal": limited maximum speed.
- "Expert": faster maximum speed and acceleration when compared to "Normal".
On iOS it's also possible to utilize a sound track from the user's iPod library,
The main on-line leader board is based on the same score system that is kept locally, however, because of inherent limitations with Game Center, only the Android/OpenFeint version supports on-line leader boards based on fastest lap times.
There are 4 achievements to unlock, one for each possible ending.
There are no iPad screenshots for this game.
There are 1 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.