DescriptionThis Pocket Edition is the mobile version of Minecraft. Just like the original game it offers a sandbox-like environment where player can build their own worlds with blocks of different materials. Initially the content was mostly similar to the Classic game mode of the original game, but later updates have added more Survival elements and additional mobs. The game supports multiplayer, even cross-platform, as well as over a local wireless work. Custom built multiplayer worlds can also be saved on the device. It offers a finite world with random terrain generation for each new session. Crafting was added in a latter system and uses a custom system dubbed MATTIS.
Controls are provided through a D-pad in the bottom left corner for movement with a jump button in the middle. If an adjacent block is however one level higher than the character, he will jump up automatically. Tapping is used to create blocks, tapping and holding destroys them. It is possible to switch to the third-person view and crafting can be found under a triple dotted button. There is an alternative split touch control options, especially useful for tablets with larger screens, with a cross hair in the top right side of the screen to rotate the camera. Other options include a mode for left handed players, sensitivity, flipping the Y-axis, and graphics quality tweaks.
- "Minecraft: Apple TV Edition" -- tvOS title
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Alchemy
- Gameplay Feature: Armour/Weapon Deterioration
- Gameplay feature: Botany, Farming, Gardening
- Gameplay feature: Creature breeding / fusion
- Gameplay feature: Day / Night cycle
- Gameplay feature: Freely destructible terrain
- Gameplay feature: Mining
- Gameplay feature: Survival cooking
- Games with randomly generated environments
- Genre: Wilderness Survival
- Minecraft series
- Visual technique / style: Voxel graphics
There are no reviews for this game.
|AppSafari||2011||3.5 out of 5||70|
|Touch Arcade||Nov 18, 2011||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.