DescriptionThe original Myst is revamped for the new millennium, in 3D: dynamic and fully interactive with day and night condition cycles, changing weather, and real-time lighting effects. Unlike in the original version, with its "screen by screen" navigation and pre-rendered images that represented locations, Real Myst allows the player to physically explore the game's world and includes a fully rotatable camera.
The remake also adds a fifth "Age" (a world created by the power of human imagination), called the Rime Age, and a new available ending.
- "realMYST" -- Common title
- "Myst Dimensions" -- First working title
- "Myst3D" -- Second working title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the iPad release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaMyst co-creator Robyn Miller did not like Real MYST, saying it was an attempt to exploit the brand name and "definitely wasn't how we originally envisioned Myst, as was promoted." [Source: Retro Gamer Magazine, Load 59]
Related Web Sites
- Real MYST (official website)
- realMyst: Mini Guide to Rime (Solution guide for the new age, Rime.)
- Zarf's Review (A review of Real MYST by Anrew Plotkin, which compares the 3D remake to the original Myst and discusses the overall design in both (July, 2002).)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.