DescriptionUno & Friends is an electronic adaptation of the Uno card game. It is a follow-up to the earlier 2009 Gameloft title Uno and also replaced GameHouse's Uno Boost on Facebook for the browser version. The most notable difference compared to the earlier version is that all single-player content is replaced by a multiplayer-only version of the game played online in matches with up four worldwide players. It is also free-to-play and not a commercial release.
The goal is to be the first player to get rid of all of your cards, but you have to shout out 'Uno!' when you have one card left, or you have to pick up another one. Players take turns to play special cards that skip players, force players to draw additional cards, reverse the flow of the game, change the active colour and so on. A card can only be placed on top of the pile if it is the same type of card, or if it is the same colour. If neither of these conditions occur, the player must pick up another card.
There are some specific elements for the electronic adaptation. As players cannot shout 'Uno!' there is a button that needs to be pressed to activate this. If a player forgets it, other players can call him out and he receives two additional cards. The 'wild draw four' cards lets the player change the colour and the next player has to take four cards. The second player can however challenge this if he thinks the player could have played a matching colour or number instead. If the challenge is successful and true, the player who played the card has to take four cards instead. If unsuccessful, the challenger must take six cards instead of four. To prevent players from waiting too long or leaving the game, there is a time out function. When it is a player's turn a meter is drained slowly and when no action has been taken, the computer takes over instead for that round by drawing a card or playing one.
Players have a global level based on results. By winning many game in succession a win streak with a score multiplier can be acquired. The game can be customized through different avatars, background pictures, card decks and special effects. Players cannot talk to each other directly, but use sticker packs (as emoticons) and standard expressions to communicate. It is also possible to send gifts to other players or to mute them.
The game is free-to-play with a basic currency (coins) and a premium one (tokens). The basic currency can unlock background pictures, card decks and special effects and is also used to send small gifts. Tokens are more difficult to acquire. They can be won and are provided as various rewards, for instance also by building a friends list. Each game requires an amount of tokens, so they also act as an energy/stamina system. Token and coin packs are bought as in-app purchases. It is also possible to turn off ads permanently or receive a coin-doubling boost. Through a separate scratch card system with regular and premium scratches additional rewards and a jackpot can be earned. Players can upgrade to a VIP status as an in-app purchase for a collection of tokens, boosts, ad removal and exclusive items. Certain items are also offered in separate bundles and the game offers certain customization options based on the Barbie and Hot Wheels franchises. Coins can be used to purchase boosts before or during a game, such as swapping the cards in your hand once per game, a 50% points bonus, a dampener to draw only half as many cards when hit with a special card, overdraw to make an opponent take additional cards, spying on other people's cards etc, mirror to make the opposite player draw cards as well etc.
Next to the main game there are time-limited events and tournaments with different leagues. After the initial release an Uno Dare mode was added. It is a time-limited game mode where players can take dares to avoid 'draw two' and 'wild draw two' cards. This game mode is a way to earn and unlock special avatars that provide perks. In the Dare mode there is a spinning wheel where money can be wagered for a chance to earn a larger reward.
There are no iPad user screenshots for this game.
There are 26 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Uno & Friends: 经典卡牌游戏融入社交元素!" -- Simplified Chinese tag-lined title
- "Uno & Friends: 經典卡片遊戲加入社交網路元素!" -- Traditional Chinese tag-lined title
- "Uno & Friends: 定番カードゲームがソーシャルに!" -- Japanese tag-lined title
- "Uno & Friends: классическая карточная игра становится социальной!" -- Russian tag-lined title
- "Uno & Friends: لعبة الورق الكلاسكية أونلاين!" -- Arabic tag-lined title
- "Uno & Friends: The Classic Card Game Goes Social!" -- Tag-lined title
- "Uno & Friends: O Clássico Jogo De Cartas Em Sua Versão Social!" -- Portuguese tag-lined title
- "Uno & Friends: Le Populaire Jeu De Cartes Devient Social!" -- French tag-lined title
- "Uno & Friends: Klasik Kart Oyunu Sosyalleşiyor!" -- Turkish tag-lined title
- "Uno & Friends: Il Classico Gioco Di Carte Diventa Social!" -- Italian tag-lined title
- "Uno & Friends: ¡El Juego Clásico De Cartas Llega A Las Redes Sociales!" -- Spanish tag-lined title
- "Uno & Friends: Das Klassische Kartenspiel Als Gemeinschaftserlebnis!" -- German tag-lined title
- "Uno & Friends: 소셜 게임으로 돌아온 클래식 카드 게임!" -- Korean tag-lined title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- TrueAchievements achievement guide (The TrueAchievements achievement guide for Uno & Friends)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.