Advertising BlurbsBack of Box - Female version - DOS:
Alter Ego is a unique role-playing game that allows you to live out your fantasies like you’ve never been able to before.
“If I only knew then what I know now.” How would things be different? Wouldn’t it be a kick if you could back, experiment and find out?
Playing the game of life...
• Begin by answering a “personality profile”, or let Alter Ego develop a personality profile for you.
• As you encounter and work through life’s many challenges, your alter ego’s character is monitored. Check frequently for a status report to see what kind of personality you’re developing.
• You can begin at any of seven stages of life from birth to the golden years. You can keep living the same period over and over again, experimenting with new choices and reactions and facing the consequences of each.
• Your alter ego’s life experience will cover social, intellectual, emotional, physical, familial and vocational arenas.
• You make the decision, then experience the world through your alter ego’s actions. But remember, for every action there is a reaction.
• Live dangerously. Or take it easy. The computer tracks your responses and develops your alter ego accordingly.
• Choose an action and a reaction for hundreds of life experiences; your alter ego develops with each decision you make. Be yourself or be someone you’ve never dared to be.
“Most of us fantasize about doing things differently, living alternate lifestyles, walking in someone else’s shoes. I created Alter Ego so we can all do so in a risk- free and fun way.”
Peter J. Favaro, Ph.D., is a distinguished clinical psychologist, educator and author. He created Alter Ego by interviewing hundreds of people about their most memorable life experiences.
Because of the authenticity of the life experiences explored in this program, Alter Ego contains explicit material which may not be suitable for computer users under the age of 16. Parental discretion is advised.
You’re an infant and you’re alone in the kitchen. You begin exploring — in the refrigerator. You pull the cap off a full can of whipped cream. What will you do?
You’re driving on a deserted road when you begin to wonder just how fast the car will go.
Your teenage daughter has just introduced you to her date for the evening. His name is Mark “Mongo” Mattingly. He seems to be a nice young man, but his appearance is a bit odd - particularly his streaked hair and earring. How would you react?
Contributed by Patrick Bregger (164006) on May 17, 2011.
YOUR SECOND CHANCE AT LIFE
Ever have one of those days when you wish you were anyone but yourself? Now with Alter Ego’, you can.
Alter Ego, Activision's fantasy role-playing game lets you experiment with "What if"... just for the fun of it.
Hundreds of entertaining life situations lie in store for you. Explore new options. Make new choices. Let your computer track your development through 7 life stages, from infancy through the golden years.
Become a high-powered executive. A rock star. Or the President of the United States.
Alter Ego. Ground breaking entertainment packed into 3 disks. Have all the fun of living a secret life. Without any of the risk.
Contributed by Belboz (6484) on Apr 12, 2001.
Excerpt from the manual:
Here's a chance to replay your life again and again, each time with a different personality. This time around, you can be a wealthy entrepeneur who will do anything to get ahead. Or take on the life of a broke, but happy poet. Or fulfill your dream of being the most popular person in your high school with a date book filled up for the next five years.
In Alter Ego, YOU create the character you want to be -- your "alter ego" -- and then live your your alter ego's life from birth through old age. So be a kid again, get back at all those snobs from high school, do all those things Mom and Dad wouldn't let you do or go back and marry that long-lost love you let get away.
With Alter Ego, you play the game of LIFE.
Contributed by the--dud (6) on Aug 17, 2000.