DescriptionAsphalt 8: Airborne is the eighth main game in the racing series. It allows the player to race against AI-controlled opponents, ghosts of real players or against real players in a multiplayer mode online and through local Wi-Fi. The focus in this title is on jumping. Each track consists contains a lot of ramps where you can do flat spins (pressing handbrake while hitting the ramp) or barrel rolls. Doing successful jumps is rewarded with boost for the adrenaline mode based on the amount of airtime. Boost has been enhanced with a perfect boost where timing it correctly when the boost meter is in the red zone provides even more acceleration. The single-player mode consists of eight seasons unlocked gradually or unlocked directly through an in-app purchase, and the game offers up to 52 licensed cars divided into five tiers.
As in the previous game Asphalt 7: Heat there are four different control mechanisms based around touch, tilting, on-screen steering wheel and icons, tapping and auto acceleration. As in the previous two games the performance is rated with up to five stars and during races there are still primary and secondary objectives.
There are no iPhone user screenshots for this game.
There are 21 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "狂野飆車8：極速凌雲" -- Chinese spelling
- "Asphalt 8: На взлет" -- Russian spelling
- "Asphalt 8: القيادة الهوائية" -- Arabic spelling
- "アスファルト8：Airborne" -- Japanese spelling
- "아스팔트 8: 에어본" -- Korean spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Asphalt series
- Automobile: Alfa Romeo 4C
- Automobile: Aston Martin DB9
- Automobile: Audi A3
- Automobile: Audi A4
- Automobile: Audi R8
- Automobile: Audi TT
- Automobile: Bugatti Veyron
- Automobile: Chevrolet Camaro
- Automobile: Chevrolet Corvette
- Automobile: Dodge Viper
- Automobile: Ferrari 458
- Automobile: Ferrari 599
- Automobile: Ferrari F12berlinetta
- Automobile: Ferrari F430
- Automobile: Ferrari Testarossa
- Automobile: Ford Focus
- Automobile: Ford Mustang
- Automobile: Koenigsegg Agera
- Automobile: Lamborghini Countach
- Automobile: Lamborghini Gallardo
- Automobile: Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
- Automobile: Lotus Evora
- Automobile: McLaren MP4-12C
- Automobile: Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
- Automobile: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
- Automobile: Nissan GT-R
- Automobile: Pagani Huayra
- Automobile: Pagani Zonda
- Automobile: Renault Clio
- Automobile: Volkswagen W12
- Middleware: Bullet Physics
- Scripting language: Lua
- Setting: City - Tokyo
There are no reviews for this game.
|Touch Arcade||Aug 21, 2013||100|
|App Spy||Aug 22, 2013||5 out of 5||100|
|148apps||Aug 22, 2013||90|
|GameZebo||Aug 27, 2013||90|
|IGN||Jun 26, 2013||7.8 out of 10||78|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Wikipedia: Asphalt 8: Airborne (article in the open encyclopedia about the game)