missing cover art
DescriptionChaos is a fantasy strategy game written by Julian Gollop, who later became famous for X-Com. In it you are a wizard who battles it out against up to seven other wizards that can be both player and/or computer controlled. The last one alive wins. The game is turn based and each turn is divided in two parts. In the first you select and cast spells and movement is done in the second.
There are several different spells available. Some of them let you summon creatures to attack the opponent while others will improve your abilities or are offensive (like lightning) or defensive (summon castles). Summoning spells would include Centaurs and Horses, which can be mounted by the wizard and enable you to move across the playing board quickly. Spells can also be either Lawful, Neutral or Chaotic, so the chances of success increase if the wizard has the same alignment.
There are no iPhone user screenshots for this game.
There are 23 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Chaos - The Battle of Wizards" -- In-game title
- "Chaos: Magic & Death on the Plane of Limbo" -- Original title (Games Workshop cover)
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for the iPhone release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Chaos should have a group related to||7||jean luc
Dec 11, 2015
- Retro Gamer
- October 2004 (Issue #9) – #41 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- A complete infographic of all the creatures present in the game (by Andy Herbert)
- Ataxia: Chaos Wars, a fan clone (at Wikia - Chaos Remakes Wiki) (for Windows: downloadable freeware game by Duncan Timiney; encyclopaedic entry )
- Ataxia II, a fan clone (for Windows: downloadable freeware game by Duncan Timiney; additional material)
- Chaos, a fan adaptation of the original (for Atari ST: downloadable freeware game by Martin Brownlow and Adam Turnbull at "Bunny Abandonware")
- Chaos, a fan made aplication (at Android Apps Game) (for Android: downloadable freeware application by Richard Quirk )
- Chaos, a fan remake (for Flash MX: online playable game by Myke Black)
- Chaos Editor: World of Spectrum (An editor for Chaos by Ian Gledhill for ZX spectrum. Published as Type-in in Your Sinclair, issue 69, page 24.)
- Chaos Funk, a fan remake (at Allegro.cc) (for Windows: freeware downloadable game by Richard Phipps)
- Chaos Groove, a fan remake (at Wordpress) (for Windows: freeware downloadable game by Richard Phipps)
- Chaos Groove - Battle of the Wizards (Chaos Groove is a remake of Julian Gollop's ZX Spectrum spell casting classic. The developer is Richard Phipps, who made Chaos Funk.)
- Internet Archive (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable release; online emulation of game; additional material)
- Law, a fan remake (for Java: online freeware remake by Jim Purbrick)
- Morkin 2, a fan clone at Abandonware (for DOS: downloadable freeware game by "Anthony Hamilton / POW Productions" )
- Realtime Chaos, a fan remake (at SourceForge) (for Linux: freeware downloadable game by Stephen Smith)
- The Making Of: Chaos (By Edge)
- The Tipshop (For ZX Spectrum: a central archive for all Spectrum and SAM games hints, tips, cheats, maps, hacks and pokes.)
- Wikia - Chaos Remakes Wiki (encyclopedia about remakes of the original)
- Wikipedia (combined platform entry)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts)
- ZX-Art - online archive of pixel art and 8-bit music (For ZX Spectrum: music, credits, pixel art. artist's graphics artwork.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.