DescriptionAfter defeating Dr. Light's six robots that were reprogrammed by the villainous Dr. Wily in Mega Man, it seemed like the world was safe. But it was not to be. Dr. Wily has escaped from prison and is madder than ever, this time creating eight new Robot Masters of his own to take over the world and crush Mega Man! Is the world doomed?
Mega Man 2 is the sequel to the NES game Mega Man. In this game, Metal Man, Air Man, Bubble Man, Quick Man, Crash Man, Flash Man, Heat Man and Wood Man are Dr. Wily's eight prize creations that have been sent to take over the world. As Mega Man defeats these bosses, he can steal their powers and use them for himself. Each Robot Master is weak against another's weapon, and through experimentation, Mega Man can gain the upper hand by using the weapon they're vulnerable against.
Other additions to the game include the 'E-Tank' - an item that can be used at any time to completely refill Mega Man's energy, and a Password System, which allows players to continue their game by recording which Robot Masters have been defeated and how many E-Tanks they have. Mega Man 2 also removes the scoring system from the original game.
- "Rockman Complete Works: Rockman 2: The Enigma of Dr. Wily" -- Japanese title
- "Rock Man 2" -- Brazilian CCE's Top Game title
- "Rockman 2" -- Japanese Famicom title
- "Mega Man II" -- In-game title
- "ロックマン２ Dr.ワイリーの謎" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Center CX challenge games
- Games made into books
- Mega Man / Rockman games
- Mega Man / Rockman series
- Protagonist: Robot
There are no reviews for the iPhone release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|App Spy||Mar 27, 2010||3 out of 5||60|
|Random Access||Jan 25, 2012||1.5 out of 10||15|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaMega Mans creator Keiji Inafune considers Mega Man 2 his favorite Mega Man game. Thanks to its creative levels, cool weapons, excellent bosses and fantastic music.
Related Web Sites
- Howard & Nester do Mega Man 2 (A regular feature in Nintendo Power magazine, Howard & Nester was a comic strip about two game whizzes who would one-up each other, while disclosing hints and tips, in the settings of various recently-released games for the NES platform. In the September/October 1989 two-page installment, Nester competes against a robotic version of Howard in a trivia contest organized by Dr. Wily -- hints and tips abound.)
- OC ReMix Game Profile (Fan remixes of music from Mega Man 2.)