DescriptionPinball Arcade is based on the Pinball Hall of Fame series and includes accurate simulations of pinball tables from Gottlieb, Williams, Stern Pinball (which also includes its previous incarnations: Stern Electronics, Data East Pinball, and Sega Pinball) and Bally. The latter two companies were not previously featured. It includes four tables, one from each company, with support for additional tables through commercial downloadable content. The included tables are, in the order they appear on the game:
- Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams, 1996) (previously included in Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection)
- Ripley's Believe it or Not! (Stern Pinball, 2004)
- Black Hole (Gottlieb, 1981) (previously included in Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection)
- Theatre of Magic (Bally, 1995)
The game also features a large amount of additional tables available for download, including tables that were already on previous Pinball Hall of Fame titles (such as Black Knight, Medieval Madness, Big Shot and Central Park) and other tables never seen on other games (such as Attack from Mars, Cirqus Voltaire and Bride of Pin-Bot), alongside some based on licensed properties (from tables like Creature from the Black Lagoon and Elvira and the Party Monsters to ones like Twilight Zone and Star Trek: The Next Generation), although they're not all available on every platform yet. There is support for achievements/trophies (Xbox 360/PS3/Vita versions) and online leaderboards, and the game includes a few extras, such as a little history on the games and the original sales flyers, plus in-depth instructions on every element of each table. It also has support for online play in the form of various online tournaments held by FarSight.
There are no iPhone screenshots for this game.
There are 18 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|GameZebo||Feb 14, 2012||80|
|4Players.de||Apr 13, 2012||80 out of 100||80|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Table Packs||12||Lance Boyle (1333)
Sep 10, 2013
|TPA's Kickstarter: The Twilight Zone||1||Lance Boyle (1333)
Jun 05, 2012
Previously included tablesWhile most of the tables have had their first adaptation on Pinball Arcade others were previously adapted on different games. Besides those included on the Pinball Hall of Fame collections, there's these ones:
- Bally's Elvira and the Party Monsters was previously adapted for the 1992 Atari Lynx game Pinball Jam, alongside the Williams table Police Force
- Bally's Creature from the Black Lagoon and Black Rose and Williams' Tales of the Arabian Nights were adapted on the 2001 PC game Williams Pinball Classics (not to be confused with the European name for the PHOF Williams collection, but coincidentally TotAN was included on the PS3/360 version of said game) alongside Bally's Lost World. This strangely enough makes TotAN the only Williams table on that collection.
- Before its inclusion on this very game and on PHOF Williams, Pin*Bot was adapted into an NES game by Rare in the late eighties, which took some liberties by adding hazards not present on the original table as that would've been impossible in real life.
- As with Pin*Bot, Williams' High Speed also saw an NES adaptation courtesy of Rare, which added more hazards as well as minigames.
- Following from the earlier Pin*Bot and High Speed examples, the latter's successor, The Getaway: High Speed II, also saw a video game adaptation, albeit on Game Boy, developed by Unexpected Development. Unlike Rare's adaptations, this is a mostly straightforward version, with the only real addition being a racing minigame where you attempt to get to your hideout while dodging traffic and police.
- Haunted House and Cue Ball Wizard were included in 1998's similarly titled Microsoft Pinball Arcade, with the latter being the sole table on that game's demo version.