DescriptionRio 2016 Olympic Games is an official mobile game for the 2016 Summer Olympic Games held in Rio, Brazil. It consists of six mini-games based on Olympic sports and all played from a first-person perspective. The included sports are archery, basketball, football (soccer), skeet, table tennis, and tennis. Each game consists of two sessions, a semi final and then if successful a final, to complete the event. Each game uses a gauge where progress fills it up gradually and when full a beneficial effect is activated for a short time, different for each sport.
- In archery a crosshair needs to be moved over a circle target with different colours to launch an arrows and earn from zero to ten points per shot based on the accuracy. Aiming is made difficult because the crosshair is never entirely still. Only a limited amount of time is available per shot and tapping confirms it. The first character to get three sets wins. The invisible opponent does the same as you and then points are compared.
- Basketball is similar to the basketball game in arcades. With a limited amount of time as many shots as possible need to go through a hoop. An upwards swipe launches the ball. The camera moves slightly left or right at a steady pace. Balls can hinder each other and it takes some time before a new one can be launched. When the bonus gauge is active, the waiting is removed temporarily.
- Football consists of two halves kicking balls at a goal, sometimes also with a stationary defender. An invisible opponent does the same and the one with the most goals after two halves wins. The ball is always kicked as a free kick and the position often changes. A quick swipe is used to shoot and the trajectory can be altered into a curve after the shot by holding and moving after the swipe.
- In skeet targets are launched in the air in multiple sets and these need to be shot with a gun by tapping the screen. They appear quickly and the amount of bullets is always identical to the amount of targets launched. The game is played against three invisible opponents and the score is compared afterwards. The one with the most points wins.
- In table tennis a paddle is moved by moving a finger on the screen to return or launch balls playing against an opponent. Through swiping a smash can be performed.
- Tennis uses a swiping mechanic to return the ball. A much faster swipe is used to smash, but first to win the point the ball sometimes need to be returned into one or more sections of the court highlighted in a colour. Only when these are completed can the point be scored. The first character to get two sets wins.
There are no iPhone user screenshots for this game.
There are 38 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.