The Island of Lost Hope is a text-adventure with a pirate theme. The parser has standard Infocom
-like abilities: it understands pronouns, chain commands,etc.
You play a character whose ship was attacked by a pirate called Captain Black. Stranded on a small island, one day you have the chance to infiltrate the captain's vessel and exact your revenge.
The screen is divided in 5 parts:
- a top-left porthole where the graphics and the odd animation are displayed;
- a compass in the center in the form of a skull that can be clicked with the sword-shaped cursor for movement (its use is optional, the player can also type the cardinal points and the up and down directions directly on the parser screen);
- a top-right map that shows your current position and the explored surrounding area;
- the screen bottom, the larger part of it being reserved for the parser and its messages;
- the smaller right-bottom inventory that lists your possessions.
No music, but there is some sound, mostly soothing splash noises from the sea.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by Macs Black (77863)
on Apr 21, 2007.