missing cover art
DescriptionNormally a solar eclipse isn't a dangerous event, but for Soma Cruz being sucked through a portal and into Dracula's castle during one will turn his day into a total nightmare. As Soma you must venture through the castle and find a way out. As you do so, you will discover the true meaning behind the event, and why Dracula has risen yet again.
Although set in the future, all of the weapons and hazards are the same or similar to those seen in past Castlevania titles. Soma can find or buy weapons of all types such as swords, spears, and axes. Through his mysterious power of Dominance Soma can take the souls of his enemies and use their powers as his own, providing passive stat boosts, powerful magic, or even summoning them forth to fight on his behalf. Dracula's castle is a single continuous building, and as Soma's power of Dominance grows and he acquires more monster souls to power abilities he can bypass obstacles that were previously insurmountable. Players can link up with a friend's copy of Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow to trade souls between them.
There are no J2ME screenshots for this game.
There are 28 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "キャッスルヴァニア ～暁月の円舞曲～" -- Japanese spelling
- "CV: AoS" -- Informal abbreviation
- "Castlevania: Akatsuki no Minuet" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
- Castlevania / Akumajō Dracula series
- Fictional character: Count Dracula
- Genre: Explorable platformer / Metroidvania
- Theme: Vampires
There are no reviews for the J2ME release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Pocket Gamer UK||Mar 28, 2008||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThe Game Boy Advance version of Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- 2003 – #4 Game Boy Advance Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Castlevania Dungeon (Fansite dedicated to everything and anything Castlevania.)
- Konami: Aira of Sorrow (The official homepage.)
- Shrine at RPGClassics (Fansite with detailed information, including a walkthrough and maps)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.