missing cover art
DescriptionHexic is a puzzle game by Tetris mastermind Alexey Pazhitnov. Originally released as a free online game included with MSN Messenger 6.0, a commercial, enhanced, downloadable version, Hexic Deluxe, was released soon after. The Xbox 360 version, Hexic HD, comes preinstalled with all Xbox 360 premium units. It improves upon the original game with high-definition television support, achievements and score tracking through the leaderboards.
The game shows a board filled with red, blue, light green, dark green, yellow, pink, and purple hexagons. The object is to select three adjacent pieces and choose the rotation direction, causing the pieces to rotate until a match of three same-coloured pieces is created (a cluster) or until they return to their original position. When a cluster is created, the pieces disappear and new ones are added from the top.
Advanced strategies are required to handle bombs. These count down with every move you make. To clear them from the board, you have to form a cluster with it. When the bomb detonates, the game is over. You gain additional points by including stars, creating chain combos or by forming a cluster with a special pattern. When you manage to surround a single piece with six same-colour pieces, a flower star appears. Flowers stars rotate all pieces around it. If you manage to surround one piece with six flower stars, a black pearl is performed. To win the game in the Marathon mode, you have to create a black pearl combo. There are different final combos possible and the most impressive one requires you to create a flower of black pearls with a black pearl inside.
The main game modes for Hexic Deluxe and Hexic HD are:
- Marathon: unlimited gameplay without time pressure until a black pearl combo is formed or a bomb detonates.
- Timed: get as many points as you can before time runs out. Forming clusters provides a time bonus and star flowers reset or expand the time.
- Survival: 50 levels where you need to score as many points as possible. Cleared pieces are not replaced by new ones and the remaining ones are locked into the board for the next round. These locked pieces can no longer be moved, but you can remove them by creating clusters with star pieces. The game ends when the entire board is filled with locked pieces.
There are no J2ME user screenshots for this game.
There are 6 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Hexic HD" -- Xbox 360 title
- "Hexic Deluxe" -- Windows title (enhanced, downloadable edition)
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the J2ME release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Pocket Gamer UK||Sep 17, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Hexic (Article in the open encyclopedia about the game.)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Hexic HD.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.