- Originally Acclaim wanted to add players from the Mortal Kombat game as hidden players, but they had to be removed because the NBA found them not suited to their image.
- A legal issue prevented the name Michael Jordan making an appearance in the game. Look what Acclaim has done instead: Jordan's Bulls team-mate Ron Harper is the named player, but the picture is of Jordan.
- Due to Charles Barkley's licensed game Shut up and Jam, he does not appear in the game
- The DOS, Jaguar, Playstation, and Sega Saturn versions of the game use a 3D scaling technique, the players are big when they're on the near side of the court (close to the camera) and smaller when they're on the far side of the court. The 16-bit versions of the game don't have this feature. The 16-bit releases also lack recognizable faces (during gameplay) and voice calls for every player name.
- The rosters of the DOS, Genesis, and SNES version are based on the 1994-1995 season (small differences between versions exist due to trades that could / couldn't be included because of the different release dates).