DescriptionJane's Combat Simulations: Advanced Tactical Fighters is the sequel to USNF. The game uses the same engine as USNF, with updated aircraft shapes and terrain. One of the new features is a comprehensive Jane's research suite on all the game's aircraft, weapons, vehicles, ships, etc.
There are two campaigns (Egypt 1998 and Vladivostok Russia 2002), various of single missions, an in-game mission creator, and a quick mission creator. Replay value was further increased by Duosoft's toolkit, which allowed players to greatly modify the game with custom add-on libraries. The game focus is on futuristic aircraft and campaigns, with many of the flyable aircraft still in development at the time of the game's development. The flyable aircraft are F-117 Nighthawk (Stealth Fighter), F-22 Rapter, XF-29 FSW, XF-31 EFM, ASTOVL (JSF), B-2 Spirit and Rafale C.
- "ATF" -- Common name
Part of the Following Groups
- Aircraft: B-2 Spirit
- Aircraft: Dassault Rafale
- Aircraft: F-117 Nighthawk
- Aircraft: F-14 Tomcat
- Aircraft: F-22 Raptor
- Aircraft: F/A-18 Hornet
- Aircraft: Grumman X-29
- Aircraft: Harrier Jump Jet
- Jane's Combat Simulations
- Jane's Combat Simulations ATF series
- Jane's Combat Simulations Fighters series
|A good sim with bad graphics.||Jeremy Johnson (638)|
The Press Says
|Privat Computer PC||1996||89 out of 100||89|
|PC Games (Germany)||May, 1996||84 out of 100||84|
|Power Play||May, 1996||80 out of 100||80|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Jun, 1996||80|
|PC Player (Germany)||May, 1996||80|
|GameSpot||May 23, 1996||7.7 out of 10||77|
|World Village (Gamer's Zone)||1996||60|
|High Score||Jun, 1996||3 out of 5||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaFlyable aircraft were: F-117 Nighthawk (Stealth Fighter), F-22 Rapter, XF-29 FSW, XF-31 EFM, ASTOVL (JSF), B-2 Spirit (probably the first and only game with a flyable B-2), and Rafale C. NATO Fighters added for campaigns the EF-2000 Eurofighter, Saab Gripen, Su-35 Flanker, and F-16C Fighting Falcon, and made every aircraft in the game flyable in missions. The campaigns were Egypt 1998 and Vladivostok Russia 2002, with another map of France. NATO Fighters added a Baltic region 2009 campaign.
Related Web Sites
- 714th Virtual Flight Test Squadron (The 714th and Gregory P innovated with custom library addons and flight model edition for the USNF-FA series, and have air combat boards for alot of simulations.)
- P.Mok's Page (P.Mok's site is a great resource for players of the USNF-FA series of games.)
- The Vark Den (Vark111 innovated with quality custom library addons for the USNF-FA series.)
- Welcome to DuoSoft (Duosoft's toolkits for the USNF-FA series allowed players to greatly customize these games, and spawned a huge online community and great replay value. )