Not an American user?
DescriptionYou get to fly either as an Allied or German pilot during World War II. You'll only get to fly fighters, but the selection is very good, ranging from the FW-190, BF-109, and Me-262 to the P-51, P-47, P-38, and the Spitfire. There's a lot to learn, but it's very easy to get in and fly. You also have the option of playing single missions or starting off on a career.
Part of the Following Groups
- Aircraft: Focke-Wulf Fw 190
- Aircraft: Messerschmitt Bf 109
- Aircraft: Messerschmitt Me 262
- Aircraft: P-38 Lightning
- Aircraft: P-47 Thunderbolt
- Aircraft: P-51 Mustang
- Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire
- Historical conflict: World War II
- Jane's Combat Simulations
- Jane's Combat Simulations Fighters series
|Not bad, but not playtested very well||Maury Markowitz (222)|
The Press Says
|GameSpot||Dec 28, 1998||9 out of 10||90|
|Attack Games||Feb, 1999||9 out of 10||90|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Mar, 1999||90|
|PC Gameplay (Benelux)||Jan, 1999||89 out of 100||89|
|Power Play||Jan, 1999||88 out of 100||88|
|PC Player (Germany)||Jan, 1999||86 out of 100||86|
|PC Gamer||Mar, 1999||84 out of 100||84|
|IGN||Dec 29, 1998||8 out of 10||80|
|Power Unlimited||Mar, 1999||7.9 out of 10||79|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Computer Gaming World
- April 1999 (Issue #177) – Runner-up as Best Simulation of the Year
- Power Play
- Issue 02/2000 – Best Flight Simulation in 1999
Related Web Sites
- Jane's WWII Figters EPK @ archive.org -- Electronic Press Kit for Jane's WWII Fighters.
Spectre (120) added Jane's Combat Simulations: WWII Fighters (Windows) on Jun 16, 2000
Cleve Cheng, Nicholas Fullagar, Scott Gallardo, Yuji Higaki, Al Khorasani, Jason Micklewright, Brian Morgan, Dennis Ortiz, James PatrickEngineering Interns: