DescriptionJay Jay the Jet Plane is the hero of a CGI children's cartoon series featuring a group of animated aircraft and their friends.
The action in this game begins at the fictional Tarrytown Airport, Jay Jay's home, where he is excited to hear that he's almost ready to take on his own route and fly solo. Before he can do that, however, he must fly a few more training flights to six locations where he will pick up packages, only then returning to Tarrytown.
The player uses the mouse to point and click - when the player needs to pick up an item the game uses click-and-stick, a common feature in children's games, where one click picks up an item and it sticks to the mouse without holding down a button, and another click releases it. On-screen icons are very simple stylized buttons; on the bottom left is an arrow to go back, on the bottom right are a question mark for help and an X to exit. During the activities you also have level icons (1, 2, and 3) on the right.
You can choose your destination from the map in any order you like; there are six places you can go to, plus question marks that take you to short informational videos with Brenda Blue, a human aircraft mechanic. At each destination there's a game to play:
- At Ridgeway, Jay Jay can't get to the hangar to pick up the package because the runway is in terrible shape; pick puzzle shapes from a tray to patch holes on the runway. At higher levels there are more holes and gaps
- At Lightning Bug Lake, Jay Jay offers to help Tracy judge a light show contest; watch the patterns a pair of lightning bugs make, then pick the pair that matches them exactly. At higher levels the patterns are more complex
- At Sandy Landing, Big Jake needs help measuring the height of some cargo in the hangar; instead of traditional measurements, pile up objects to reach the same height, then click on the number of objects you used. For example, it took three oilcans to equal the height of a rake. At the highest level, estimate the quantity first
- At Frosty Pine, Herky the Helicopter skis down an icy slope to pick up a package Jay Jay cannot get to; as he calls out a number, click on the flag that matches it. At the highest level solve an addition problem
- At Smiling Meadow, Jay Jay helps Snuffy the Skywriter pick apples; sort apples into baskets by color. At higher levels, you sort by color and quantity, or read the spelled-out color
- At O'Malley's Ranch, Jay Jay and Old Oscar play a game of I Spy while waiting for a package; pick the animal that Oscar describes out of a group. At higher levels there are more specific clues and more choices
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|SuperKids||Windows||2002||3.8 out of 5||76|
|Review Corner||Windows||Jul, 2002||7.2 out of 10||72|
|All Game Guide||Windows||2002||60|
|7Wolf Magazine||Windows||Sep 10, 2002||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.