DescriptionJoint Operations: Typhoon Rising is mainly a multiplayer modern warfare game. With as much as 150 players (although 64-128 players are most common), two sides clash together in an all out war with help of helicopters, boats, APCs and other vehicles which there are 29. Most of the game player will be on foot and aiding him/her is 35 different weapons from knifes to Stinger launchers. There are many classes to choose from and all of them are useful. There's medic, engineer, soldier, gunner and sniper.
The thing that separates this one from many other online shooters is that Joint Ops actually makes the players work together. One example: If you're a driver driving a jeep, you get partial credits of the kills from people who you just drove, for two minutes after you dropped them off.
- "联合行动：飓风来袭" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Миротворцы. Операция "Тайфун"" -- Russian spelling
- "Mirotvorcy: Operaciya Tajfun" -- Russian title
- "Joint Ops" -- Common name
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|GamePro (US)||Aug 02, 2004||100|
|GameSpy||Jun 22, 2004||90|
|Game Informer Magazine||2004||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Game Revolution||Jun 30, 2004||B+||83|
|Gamer 2.0||Jul 01, 2004||8.2 out of 10||82|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Jun 30, 2004||80 out of 100||80|
|Game Informer Magazine||2004||8 out of 10||80|
|Super Play||Aug, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|Gaming Nexus||Jun 24, 2004||B||75|
|Joystick (French)||Sep, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 03/2005 - Surprise Hit of 2004
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2004 - Runner up to Pro Evolution Soccer 4 as Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Official Site (This is the game's makers official website.)
- PC Interview: Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising (Interview with producer Joel Taubel by Computer and Video Games (CVG), December 5, 2003)